1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot 1048H: Specs + what head to use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Luther Blissett, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Hi People

I have a Trace Elliot 1048H speaker from the mid nineties.

Unfortunately, the specs on the back of the speaker are gone (the spaces where they used to be written in are blank, somehow).

Ihave no amp for the speaker, but I'm considering buying one. And I'd like to have the specs before i do so. Does anyone have the following info?:

ohm
    rms / peak.

Also, I am unhappy with my present amp (used carlsbro stingray) and I want a new one. Unfortunately I am on a tight budget, so I thought I just get a head to go with the Trace speaker. I play in an improv thing that plays with sound a lot, so I need something that can be quite versatile, but overall, I like more of a warmer tone.

I've recently noticed this
    But I don't know how it's gonna sound on a Trace speaker. Does anyone have experience with that amp, or have any other suggestions?
    My budget is about 300€, max 500€

thx,

Luther

2. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    i had two 1048h's until recently, if i recall correctly they were 300w rms 750 peak at 8ohms

3. thx for the reply,
    but I'll bump the thread just once to see if anyone has experience / advice in combining an Trace Speaker with another, non trace head?

and just to keep you informed of the quest: I'm also looking in on this anybody else using this one

4. stranger0

stranger0

May 10, 2007
    When I get the chance I'll take a picture of the back of my cab since we have the same one. The head I'm using is the Trace AH350SM.

I did put my Trace head with my Epifani cab and it sounds killer.

5. Thx!, I wish I could find an AH350 SMX, but I've checked all the second hand sites around here, and none to be found. And probably even a second hand one would be above my budget.

After some research (in which talkbass was very helpful) I decided to try out the following amps:

GK Backline 600
    Ashdown MAG 300 Head (maybe the 600 Head as well, if it isn't to powerfull at 8ohm)
    Eden Nemesis 320

And Maybe if I choose to spring my budget a bit, I'll check out
    the following as well:
    Mark Bass Little Mark II Top
    GK 700 RB-II
    and maybe even the ampeg B2RE top

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm grateful for your help!

thx,

Luther