Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TRACE ELLIOT 1048H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RGRAY, Aug 8, 2005.

1. RGRAY

RGRAY

Aug 8, 2005
    Hi there, im new to this forum, but have been looking on here for a while now. Im thinking hard about a Trace Elliot 1048H cab to use with the AH300 amp. I have tried this setup before and it sounds pretty good. The issue i have is reliability of the cab, they are MDF 100% and not plywood. has anyone experieinced any problems with the cab before i go for it, i would hate it to fall apart on me ;) its the nice furry one with the two rounds front ports and the horn.

Thanks guys

2. I am soon to be the owner of a 1518T from the same era, MDF built as well. This sounds strange but my mother is a painter, however she builds her own frames and does alot of furniture restoration. Her opinion is that MDF is awesome, if a little heavy, it is nearly water proof, solid and a very good speaker cab material (used in alot of car subwoofer boxes). So i wouldn't worried at all about it being made of MDF, just don't breath in any particles if you sand it!!! its dangerous. he he, if you ever want to sell the head, PM me :p