1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot 1210 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_Thumper, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Have any of you TBers had any experience with this amp? It seems like a good price when compared with other combos in this configuration. I'm just not really familiar with the Trace Elliot sound.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TE1210/

What say you good folks?

2. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    So I take nobody has played this amp. That's okay, can anyone give me a description of the Trace Elliot sound?

3. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I've never touched a Trace in my life. The price tag is too high. Just have some patience. Someone will probably chime today.

4. I tried this amp once, it has a really nice punchy sound. I would probably add an extension cab to get all the power the amp can deliver. The trace elliot sound is very nice and "growly" you can dial a lot of tones with the 12 band EQ and the mid-shape button.

5. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Thanks Hellbastard. The 12 band EQ does look nice, although a little intimidating. :)

6. It's not, once you understand how to work with it, It is really a great toll for tone shaping and adjusting your rig to different stages. I really like the way Trace Elliot voiced their EQ.

One more thing you should know is that, even if TE gear is expensive, it is built to last and resist abuse. I have in the rehearsal room an old Series 6 head with a 1048H cab, that are at least 20 years old and are still in perfect condition. Same goes for the 2103X I bought a couple of moths ago. Built like a tank, and now that Peavy runs the firm you can be sure quality control is second to none.

7. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I had heard that it was quality gear and I don't mind paying a little more if I can be confident that it is quality gear that will last.