1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot 1518C any advice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman_al, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Thinking of checking one out and wondering what have people's expereinces been? 1518C, seller says it weighs 46 lbs and is in "minty" condition.

Oh, I play in a wedding band and am looking for an alternative to my current Hartke XL 410. I also have an XL 210 that I could pair with the Trace. Never had a Trace, never tried one out.

My amp is SVT 3 Pro, basses are Fender J '62 RI and '73 P-bass. Play a variety or music, from jazz and swing to disco to rock to 70's funk, and some newer stuff thrown in.

Thanks.

2. lushuk

lushuk

Sep 10, 2007
    Ive got a 1x15 4x10 2x10 and the 1518c is my fave, yep its the lightest and mellowist (great word) whilst being bright and responsive imho. They dont hold their value as folks dont seem to give em time of day compared to the old trace sound and they tend to be at boutique prices when new, so can be brought for a bargain price s/h.

3. Thanks for the input!!

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The 1518 is a great cab. It will handle most gig situations and if paired with a 210 could handle about anything. :bassist:

5. Thanks Kathy

6. LanceRocket

LanceRocket

Dec 27, 2008
    I love mine. No complaints.

7. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Who is Kathy? :confused:

8. Just goes to show me that I should never ever do anything on my laptop while watching "Project Runway" and trying to talk to my wife and convince her that it makes financial sense for us to spend the money for me to get this cab...
    :)
    Sorry Kelly...

9. Raggy

Raggy

Aug 13, 2008
    Wiltshire, England
    When i am not running my NV610 i use 2 of them together, great sound not heavy to carry at all, lots of low shove.

10. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yeah, I've got one, it's relatively light and sounds like a 15 should. Heck I'd sell it to ya, as I've got WAY too many cabs laying around here!

Alan

11. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Heh, no problem man! :p

12. Any others care to weigh in? Seems to me that pound for pound, its hard to beat the value of this cab especially when buying used...

13. SBrown

SBrown

Dec 5, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    I use one w/ a Trace 2x10 combo. It makes a nice "mini stack". Mellow is a good description for this cab. It really rounds out the sound for me. Trace GP7sm combo, 1518 cab, Fender P-bass, Trace compressor, EBS valve drive= :bassist:

14. so I pulled the trigger and bought a used one in mint condition. It sounds nice for the 30 or so minutes I blasted it in my basement. Played it with my Fender P and J, with my SVT 3 Pro and Sansamp and the Hartke 210XL that I have had for 20 years. Compared to the 410XL that I usually played, I liked this new set-up. Not necessarily superior, but certainly more mobile. I'll A/B the 2 next to each other to see the real differences later.

Thanks for all the help everyone!