Trace Elliot 2x15 300w cab cone blown

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scorchio, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Scorchio


    May 9, 2005
    Bristol, UK

    I'm from Bristol, UK, and have just blown one of the 15" cones in my 300w cab. Roughly how much might this cost to replace/repair?

    Any advice on a new speaker that would crispen up the sound a little and run nicely alongside the other 15"?

    Thanks in anticipation.

  2. Kelly Lee

    Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

    Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Due to the cabs dimensions and tuning, you really need to use a Trace Elliot replacement driver. Considering that you just blew one, just a fresh one should help make the sound more crisp and defined.

    There are two places to get replacement parts from, British Audio Service in the USA and GM Audio in Essex, England.

    BAS has the driver for $180 US however being located in Bristol I would contact GM Audio. Good luck.
  3. Scorchio


    May 9, 2005
    Bristol, UK
    Looking at the GM site now. Thanks, Kelly.
  4. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Sep 24, 2021

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.