Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot 300H (5001) Hybrid Head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have found one of these heads at a pretty decent price and was wondering how they compare to other Trace heads. This is the one head I haven't ever had the opportunity to hear or play through. It has the V-type pre which I know sounds awesome but how does it sound with the 280w SS power section?

I'm looking at using it on my Trace 1524 cab for just about every kind of rock music. Will be as nice as my RAH350SMX? Power? Reliability? Any input would be appreciated.

2. PatL

PatL

Jan 7, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I love this amp. It has a warm nice sound and it is powerful, too. However, I think it is very different from the RAH350SMX.

3. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thanks for the input. I could have sworn someothers on here had used this head before. I searched but couldn't find anything :meh:

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmm i am sorry for bring a old threat up...

I am looking at 5001 TE amp on ebay rite now...

Its not all tube amp correct? or is it?

5. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The head has a tube pre with SS power section.

Since I originally posted this thread I have played this head. All I can say is... sweeeeeeeeeet! For a hybrid it really does a good job of giving you that tube tone. I plan on adding one to my arsenal when money permits.

6. Darell

Darell

Mar 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I own one! I really like the tone of it! It sure does give you that tube tone :bassist:

here are some pics of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got it voor 425 dollar