1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

trace elliot 4 ohm amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by outofstep, Sep 8, 2003.

1. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    my friend has a trace elliot head he wants to sell me... it's a badass amp, sounds super rad... i have a 2x10 and 1x15 cabs.. both are 8ohms idependence... but the output on the amp is two channels at 250watts at 4 ohms... am i going to blow anything up? and if there is anything i can do so i dont blow up my stuff?

thanks -matt

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how would you blow anything up?
    you can either use one channel for both cabs or split up....you make the choice...
    its not bridgeable either i hate that....

but are you sure its a stero head..i thought mine was...

it says 4 ohm min. load under each jack. but on the side it says 600 watts rms..1200 program

so i don;t think its stero

steve

3. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    it has a stereo/mono switch... how can i use one channel for both cabs? there is only one output per channel, and its a funky xlr to speaker cable

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    your cabs might have two inputs..just go from one input into the amp..and the other one into the cab

cool that it has a bridge switch..

i would bridge it my self

steve

5. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    but is it a problem that my cabs are 8ohms and the head sends a 4 ohm signal to each cab..?

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it doesn't send 4 ohms to it....its the other way around..the cabs draw 8 ohms or 4 ohms from the head....

steve

7. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    Do you have a photo of the front and back you could post? I have a old trace but the outputs are used for 4 ohm or 8 ohm spkr combinations I believe. Most of the writing is all worn off. The amp I have sounds Fantastic I think!!!!
    Thanks, Danny