Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trace elliot 4 ohm amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by outofstep, Sep 8, 2003.

1. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    my friend has a trace elliot head he wants to sell me... it's a badass amp, sounds super rad... i have a 2x10 and 1x15 cabs.. both are 8ohms idependence... but the output on the amp is two channels at 250watts at 4 ohms... am i going to blow anything up? and if there is anything i can do so i dont blow up my stuff?

thanks -matt

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how would you blow anything up?
    you can either use one channel for both cabs or split up....you make the choice...
    its not bridgeable either i hate that....

but are you sure its a stero head..i thought mine was...

it says 4 ohm min. load under each jack. but on the side it says 600 watts rms..1200 program

so i don;t think its stero

steve

3. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    it has a stereo/mono switch... how can i use one channel for both cabs? there is only one output per channel, and its a funky xlr to speaker cable

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    your cabs might have two inputs..just go from one input into the amp..and the other one into the cab

cool that it has a bridge switch..

i would bridge it my self

steve

5. outofstep

outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    but is it a problem that my cabs are 8ohms and the head sends a 4 ohm signal to each cab..?

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it doesn't send 4 ohms to it....its the other way around..the cabs draw 8 ohms or 4 ohms from the head....

steve

7. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    Do you have a photo of the front and back you could post? I have a old trace but the outputs are used for 4 ohm or 8 ohm spkr combinations I believe. Most of the writing is all worn off. The amp I have sounds Fantastic I think!!!!
    Thanks, Danny