1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace elliot 4x10 and 1x15 vs Henry 8x8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by failuresXbass, Jun 19, 2007.

1. failuresXbass

failuresXbass

Jul 19, 2006
    SoCal
    I am going to look at a Henry the 8x8 today. I have always like the sound these have, but the low spl is worrying me.

I currently play a YBA 200 through a 4x10 Trace Elliot. If more is needed, I will add a 1x15 Trace. With the YBA lack of headroom (although plenty loud) I am worried that if the 8x8 is much less effecient that the TEs, then I may not be loud enough anymore.

Anyone have any SPLs for the trace cabs? 4x10 is the standard one everyone is familiar with (red lines around the port) and I believe the 15 to be pregibson (round ports through the grill.)

Are TEs known to be effecient? Anyone have any opinions or info for me?

thanks in advance.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021