1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot AH200 GP12... any good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMonstrum, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I tried the search-function and got nothing that told me anything worth knowing.

I found the amp rather cheap! Never had any experience with Trace Elliott...

Planning on running it through a Mesa/Boogie Roadready 1000 cabinet.

2. I have an AH250 GP-7 that is what I use most of the time, extremely versatile, plenty of volume and tone, and rock-solid for the last 3 years.

3. crucislancer

crucislancer Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Trace+Elliot/AH200+Series+6+Head/10/1

My review of it is the second one down (Submitted 07/06/2006 at 03:06pm by John)

The amp stopped working a little over a year ago, while it still turns on there is no sound. Figured I would just replace it (G-K Backline 600) since I wanted something with more power anyways.

4. Mudcat35

Mudcat35

Feb 21, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I have an AH400SMX with the GP12 preamp. So far, it's been an amazing head. It has tons of tone shaping and you can switch sounds with the press of a switch. I use a variety of basses through either a Trace 1503 cabinet or the 1503 plus an Ashdown 2x10 and I haven't found a sound that I can't get. Mine is ridiculously loud for the rated output wattage - I haven't had the master up over 2 yet, and I often play outdoors with a six piece band. Hope that helps.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021