1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Trace Elliot AH250 SMX, 1995 UK made, Hybrid Head - CLEAN! Pre Gibson

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $275.00
    All Hail the Queen for this 1995 UK Made, Trace Elliot beast! GP 12 Preamp with variable Solid State and Tube Preamp section. Last of the Pre Gibson era.

This was an impulse buy back in January 2017. Especially since I already have the same head built in 1993. The 93 has a heatsink. This 95 is fan cooled. I also have the same head in a 2x10 combo version.

The amp is clean, inside and out. A new Mullard Tube was installed and the fan was cleaned and all of the electronics were sprayed and cleaned in Feb 2017. This amp is LOUD!! Just like my other 250 SMX amps, Ive never taken the Gain or Output controls past 4. My Rock gigs are always in rooms that seat 300 - 500 and sharing the stage with a loud drummer and a guitarist using a 50 watt Marshall or EVH half stack. I last gigged with it 6/24/17.

All of the controls and sliders are fully functional. The only thing wrong with it (it was that way when I got it), is the Effects Loop Send Level control knob is bent and the pastic cap is damaged. The control still functions as it should.

Price includes FedEx Ground/Home or UPS Shipping to your lower 48 Continental US state.

All can be had with $$ from your PayPal account.

PhotoGrid_1498427727842.
    PhotoGrid_1498427603842.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    andynj65 and kwdhsk like this.
  2. VERY reasonable price for a solid amp.

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.