1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot AH250(with working black light)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Rick_no7, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up on the block is a Trace Elliot AH250. I believe these were made late 80's and way early 90's. Its the Mark V era, so its pre-Gibson. 250 "british" watts(that's code word for loud) into 4 ohms.

I'm letting it go local only for $225

The Good

This is the amp that made me realize watts does not equal volume. This thing blew away my ampeg 400T that I had before. It was also louder than my friend's old Carvin redline 500. Its a very rock oriented amp, with a large low end. Its quite articulate for its time. The black light works. In a time before cheap LED's, Trace solved the darkness problem by painting the front in high contrast and including a black light that lights up the panel. Very cool looking.

This thing is built to last. You can feel the quality in the switches and knobs(no so much the buttons, more on that later). Compared to my 350SMX, I would say this Mark V is built much more road tough.

The Bad
    Its a lead sled. This thing is heavy, especially when I'm used to carrying around a Thunderfunk 550b. The handle is worn, but its solid. Its a little dusty, the thing is a played and used amp.

The Worst
    Local only. Also the EQ shaping buttons do not work, a common problem with these. What a previous owner did was wire up a sort of mini switch system that plugs into the footswitch socket. It works absolutely fine.

z01cover.

z02fulllight.

z03fulldark.

z04switch.

Again, Local Atlanta area only, $225 bucks

2. On hold.

3. Deal fell through.

Its available again.

4. Still available.

Still Local only :(

5. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    PM sent!

6. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay

Jan 15, 2011
    Atlanta
    I like things that go BOOM
    interested...

7. PM's replied to.

Sorry I was slow on this guys, after so many months of no interest I kind of gave up hope on Talkbass for this. I'll be more dilligent on my PM's this week.

8. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Very tempted on this and I'm easily w/in driving distance (Augusta)!

9. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay

Jan 15, 2011
    Atlanta
    crazy how interest spikes. i understand your position.

10. New PM's replied to.

11. Lots of people ask about "is 250 watts really that much". So I did some digging so that you don't have to take my word on it.

hills1234 says Here about the AH250

Mathew Bryson says about the AH250

IvanMike, a moderator on the forums, said this about his Trace heads

43%_burnt said this

I will also not be lowering the price, as I consider this a steal at this price. An awesome TB'er gave me a deal at $225, and I will give another lucky TB'er the same deal. A persuasive TB'er with a good amount of feedback could persuade me to ship this. Serious inquiries on that only.

12. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    PM'd

13. Monday morning PM's responded to

14. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Free bump from a Trace Mk. V fan. Hope that's safety glass on that table! :D The power rating of 250 watts is the British system- these ae louder than any SWR 800 watt rated amp. The power reserve caps on these babies ae bigger than tall-boy beer cans. SERIOUSLY good deal here!

...and chicks really dig the blacklight! :p

15. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay

Jan 15, 2011
    Atlanta
    this is a great deal. any idea how this head would compare against an m-pulse 360?

16. and Sold.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.