Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot AH300-12 opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darell, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Darell

Darell

Mar 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Is that price for the head and cab? If its just for the head its too high IME and IMO. They normally go in the $300-$450 range.

If that price is for both, jump on it! :D

3. im with Kelly!
    +1+1+1
    :hyper:

4. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Awesome amp!! i agree, the Price seems high for just the head. w/ the cab thats a pretty good deal. I'd throw him an offer, 500 for both. That would be a steal :D

5. Darell

Darell

Mar 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
    no, it's only for the head. I live in The Netherlands and here are things often more expensive than in the United States. :mad: But if you say that its normally in the $300-$450 price range then it's maybe to expensive yes.
    But what are your opinions about the amp?

6. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I have the AH250 7-band and it smokes many much higher wattage amps I have tried. Both in loudness and tone. When I got mine I was looking at new SWR's and GK's. When I tried the trace I was like wow, thats some serious tone. I bought it on the spot. After getting familiar with it I absolutely love it. The Eq is extremely versitile. You have alot of tone control. the 12 band gives you even more. The built in compressor is excellent (mine doesn't have that). The pre-shape eq settings are very good. Given the choice to get another head, my first choice would be another Trace Elliot without a doubt. Superb quality british bass amps!!

7. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Just to elaborate on the loudness...i was a bit concerned at first that its olny 250 watts. I didn't think I would be able to be heard in the band Im playing in. Not the case at all. I run it through a genzbenz 2x10, and a 1x15. With the gain on 2 and the input on 4-5 max I have no problem cutting through 2 boogie rectifier half stacks, and a loud drummer, with plenty of headroom.

8. Darell

Darell

Mar 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thankyou for your opinion!
    I'm going to buy the amp today :) I will let you guys know more if i have it ( in about 9 hours from now :p )
    I will post some pics to!

9. Darell, ince you are in the Eu, you should maybe check out what kidna prices traces are going for on ebay!
    sadly, even in the UK Trace gear is largely more expensive than in the states! :bawl:
    My Trace rig basically cost me a LOT of money in us $, when all in all it was an average UK price...
    so maybe locally the $500 ain't that much.
    its even got the dual compressor :hyper:

trace watts = pwnage.

10. Darell

Darell

Mar 29, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I've got the amp! I payed 550 dollar for it, what isnt that much here in The Netherlands.
    Its really an awsome amp! Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Awesome score Darell! :bassist: I bet its louder than he!! with that 410 and 115! :D

12. Just to nit pick, sorry, its not an AH 300 -12, thats the later model, its actually an AH 300 SMX... Very similar to the AH 300 -12 and IMO a better amp...