1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot AH300 GP12 advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WootenWannabe, Oct 27, 2013.

1. WootenWannabe

WootenWannabe

Oct 27, 2013
    Warren, RI
    Hi guys, new user here. I'm really considering buying this amp used from GuitarCenter and am wondering if it's a good deal. It's going for 199 USD. I've talked to a salesman at there store and he says it's in really good condition. Unfortunately it's located in Florida and I'm in Rhode Island, so I have no way of trying it first.

If anyone can provide me with some reviews or pros and cons to this amp that'd be helpful. I've only heard good things about this amp/company but I have noticed a trend of forums with owners having to replace a specific internal part. Also, I've seen some talk of SMX pramps... not sure if it has one or not and would like to know what differences that will make. I can say that it is the model with two seperate jacks for passive and active, not the one with a switch button.

Thanks!

2. Not familiar with that exact model. Mine is SMX, great pre amp, powerful 250w leaves modern amps behind. The good thing about GC is you can have them ship to your local store and make sure it's all working when you pick up.