Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot AH350SMX rack size?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barneyboom, Jun 8, 2005.

1. barneyboom

barneyboom

Jun 8, 2005
    Hello

I am currently planning on moving my Trace Elliot AH350 SMX amp from out of the casing it comes with which is a bit insubstanital into a rack box (such as an ABS one).

I don't have the manual and I estimate that the amp is 3units deep but I am not that sure. I also plan on adding a rack tuner to the setup so I think a 4unit box will be right for this?

Does anyone know this amp and can help me? Would this set-up work right in a 4unit box? I don't want to buy it then it not work.

Thank you

Barney

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, I own the RAH350SMX which is the rack mount only version. It is 3 spaces. However, you need to pull your amp free of its case to see if its a totally enclosed amp casing.

BTW, can you post a pic of the head?

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    One U of rack space is 1.75". So just measure the height of the amp once it's out of the enclosure.

2U = 3.5"
    3U = 5.25"
    4U = 7"
    5U = 8.75"

..and so on.

4. barneyboom

barneyboom

Jun 8, 2005
    [​IMG]

Its this exact one.

I think its fine, I pulled it out of the casing and it is a closed amp unit ready for racking.

Ta, I'm sure its three, I just got cold feet because I'm not to well up on this side of things. :smug:

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, that one is 3 spaces. Your good to go!