1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace elliot ah350smx weight?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bedroommuso, May 4, 2013.

1. Just wondering if anyone knows how much these amps weigh? I'm specifically wondering about the "AH" version in the wooden box with the UV light (as opposed to "RAH" rack version). I can't seem to find a weight anywhere!

2. My AH250 is 2U in wooden sleeve, 14kg. I guess 20 something kg for a 3U 350W.

3. One user claims 25kg for a 600W 3RU (wooden case):
    http://basschat.co.uk/topic/39896-sold-trace-elliot-ah600smx-bass-amplifier-sold/

Another claims 14.5kg for a 600W 3RU (no case), which sounds a bit light!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/f-t-f-s-90s-trace-elliot-rah600smx-big-guns-830576/

Makes me wonder whether a UV light and wooden box really weighs as much as 10kg...?

4. 600W ones are dual power amps so will have a bigger transformer in them. Not worth the postage from USA for 23kg if that's what you're thinking.

5. Burdin

Burdin

Mar 30, 2010
    Hi, I have AH250 SMX, weight of this amp is 16.25 kg, according to the post office.
    In reality, amp itself, weights 10 kg and rest is case, which is build like a tank, it's from 18mm woodply, so if AH600 without case weights 14,5 kg, it's possible

6. Nooo... I'm not really interested in the higher wattage models anyway. I found a 350smx nationally (although interstate). Still a bit heavy for my liking with that hefty wooden case.

Thanks for confirming Burdin. That kind of confirms my suspicion that the wooden case adds at least 5kg of weight.

7. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If the price is right you should give it a whirl. The sheer heft of Trace 350W will surprise you.

8. Touché. I had a heavy old marshall JCM guitar head which was 25kg odd and didn't seem to bother me. I dunno, though, it seems like bass players avoid heavy amps like the plague for some reason.. I always anything less than 20kg was light, and then I found my 5kg GK 400RB. But for some, even that's heavy when we are talking micro heads :D