1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot Bass Amp Help Needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocks, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    Hi,
    I picked up a used Trace Elliot RAH-130SM head, I can't find any specs or the owners manual online anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find the manual and specs I would greatly appreciate it. I have checked the Trace Elliot web site and the lnk they have for the manual is not for this am, it shows other amps, but not the RAH-130SM.

2. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    If it's earlier than about 2000 then you'll be more likely to find hen's teeth. the old trace elliot days are long gone. they used to be made in england, but they ran into funding issues, ended up going abroad, and then still went under. the new stuff is different, some say better, some say worse, but what is important is that it's very difficult to find info on it.

Do a search for "Team Trace Elliot" which is where all the owners gather to natter about it, or "Trace Elliot Megathread" which is where owners and fanatics discuss what's what in the world of TE, new and old.

look back into older pages to find those specific threads, they occasionally get buried...

3. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    Thanks, I have done a search here on the forums and I did find the two part TE thread. I posted in there a few minutes ago. I'm hoping that there is someone here with a manual or that at least knows the specs of this head. Its got great tone and seems to be much louder than 100 watts. It easily keeps up with a loud drummer and two guitarists, and I only have the volume on 2

4. ttyR2

ttyR2

Feb 23, 2003
    Athena, OR
    TE amps are usually way underrated, power wise. There's normal watts, and then there's "Trace Elliot watts".

I think it's been proven that TE engineers actually altered physics to suit their amps.

yeah...j/k

5. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    I'd have to agree. I have a 90 watt Hartke kickback combo with a 15" and the TE with the volume on 2 blows away the Hartke for sheer volume and shake the walls bass, even compared to the Harkte at full volume. I was looking for about a 300 watt head for gigging, but this TE seems like it will be more than loud enough even without being run through the PA. I have the TE 1518 cab, maybe thats part of the reason for the volume, could be a very efficient speaker.

6. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    I found that one, it doesn't list the ah-130sm in it, it has a 150sm, not a 130. I know its close enough for most of the manual, but I am really trying to find a spec sheet for the 130 model so once and for all I know the exact specs.