1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot BLX-80 1X10 COMBO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fishoutofwater, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Anyone ever try on of these, its a killer small combo, just thunders in sound, handles my 5 strings with no problem. amazing the volume, I was jamming with a drummer and a gtrist with a half stack Marshall and I cut thru with no effort. I never played a Trace before but I had a friend who had one of these, they seem to be built like a tank. I got her on Ebay for $175/230 shipped. Im lovung the fact that I dont have to lug my giant cabs to rehearsals anymore! :D :bassist:

2. I've had one for years! My only complaint is the slotted design muffles the high end a bit. Plugging into an external cab really makes a difference, but I definitely agree with the handling of the low end. I play a Roscoe and the B string is a beast...the BLX80 has no problems with it...even at a fairly high volume. Enough to get above a hard hitting drummer...And it's only a 1-10"! I love that tone so much, I just bought a Trace Elliot 1215SMX (pre-Gibson) combo off eBay..unfortunately, there's no line out on the 80 :meh:...so if anyone wants a BLX80 :D Killer little amp!

3. so far Im totally jazzed on the sound, I cant believe the sound for an 80 watt 1x10!! the baffle on the front is odd but at a slight slant it projects well, and to make up for some of the highs I just tweak the eq a bit. I would love to find a manual for it just to find out the main specs