Trace Elliot BLX-80 1X10 COMBO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fishoutofwater, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Anyone ever try on of these, its a killer small combo, just thunders in sound, handles my 5 strings with no problem. amazing the volume, I was jamming with a drummer and a gtrist with a half stack Marshall and I cut thru with no effort. I never played a Trace before but I had a friend who had one of these, they seem to be built like a tank. I got her on Ebay for $175/230 shipped. Im lovung the fact that I dont have to lug my giant cabs to rehearsals anymore! :D :bassist:
  2. I've had one for years! My only complaint is the slotted design muffles the high end a bit. Plugging into an external cab really makes a difference, but I definitely agree with the handling of the low end. I play a Roscoe and the B string is a beast...the BLX80 has no problems with it...even at a fairly high volume. Enough to get above a hard hitting drummer...And it's only a 1-10"! I love that tone so much, I just bought a Trace Elliot 1215SMX (pre-Gibson) combo off eBay..unfortunately, there's no line out on the 80 if anyone wants a BLX80 :D Killer little amp!
  3. so far Im totally jazzed on the sound, I cant believe the sound for an 80 watt 1x10!! the baffle on the front is odd but at a slight slant it projects well, and to make up for some of the highs I just tweak the eq a bit. I would love to find a manual for it just to find out the main specs