Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fisk, May 24, 2001.

1. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I may have a chance to get a T.E 1048 4x10 cab, used, for a good price. I dont know much about them so i've spent the last hour reading all the reviews I could find and searching threads. The cab is rated at 320 watts and my carvin RC210 is rated at 600 watts. We all know Carvin is generous in their power classification, so do you guys think these two will work together.

Any opinions on T.E cabs, especially the 4x10. I've been reading other threads, but just curious if anyone has anything to share.

fisk

2. I've got a Trace 1048H cab (with hi freq horn).

it's got quite a grindy tone to it- lots of hi mids, that's great for rock, and cuts through well.
    but getting a warm, vintage tone out of it might take some EQing.

3. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, so the guy called me back about the cabinet. Its a T.E. 4x10 with a bright box. I dont really want the bright box because I have a horn on my 2x10, but he wants to sell them together. He's asking $300 for both of them. He said they are in good condition, no tears or scratches on the screen. Is this a good price?

Is there anything I should look for with T.E. cabs? Are there any years or models that are dogs that I should avoid.

No one answered my first question. Will this cab at 8 ohms rated at 320 watts work with my Carvin Rc210 600 watts?

thanks for any replies

fisk

4. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    That sounds like a great deal. I'de go for it. I'm pretty sure it would handle alright under the wattage...(Don't quote me on that).