Trace elliot cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by `ash, Jun 24, 2004.

1. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    Has anyone had any experience with the T.E. 2x15 model 1524. How do they sound? How are they to move around?

Im considering a 2nd hand one but Im worried i might miss out on a bit of high end. Id love to have a 2x10 as well, but then id be running a 4ohm and 8ohm cab. (and i cant recall what this would equal)

Regards
    Ash

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have the 1524. I run it off of my RAH350SMX head. I can tell you that you will have nice clean highs. Yea, its not the same as a cab with a tweater but I think it sounds more natural. I can slap and pop through it with awesome clarity and punch. Trace list its frequenct response as 32hz-5Khz.
    For moving it, its not a problem. I think its listed at 103 lbs. but it doesn't feel like it to me. I can move it by myself if need be. I do plan on putting casters on it soon just to make it easier (I'm a lazy SOB!) I would also add that I have tried many other cabs but I love the punch, clarity, and deepness this cab gives me. I would buy another one.

I forgot, here is the link to the info:
    http://www.trace-elliot.com/bass/1524.html

3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Yep,
    I run one with a Trace Elliot V4, awesome sound,who needs a tweeter anyway?

4. used to have one some years ago. clean and clear sound with good deepbass. it has one chamber for each speaker with 2 ports each. it came with plastic covers so that u could tune it
    ex. covering both on the upper to get a closed cab with more focus and attack
    and leaving one or both open in the bottom to get deepbass.
    it was a great sounding cab but it is big and heavey and thats why i sold it and got something smaller(wich i regret today) :crying:

5. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    thanks for the input so far.

6. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    They are pretty heavy,but I can still manage it on my own.
    I usually put it on top of my sons skateboard to wheel it to the car and back! :D