Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace elliot cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by `ash, Jun 24, 2004.

1. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    Has anyone had any experience with the T.E. 2x15 model 1524. How do they sound? How are they to move around?

Im considering a 2nd hand one but Im worried i might miss out on a bit of high end. Id love to have a 2x10 as well, but then id be running a 4ohm and 8ohm cab. (and i cant recall what this would equal)

Regards
    Ash

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have the 1524. I run it off of my RAH350SMX head. I can tell you that you will have nice clean highs. Yea, its not the same as a cab with a tweater but I think it sounds more natural. I can slap and pop through it with awesome clarity and punch. Trace list its frequenct response as 32hz-5Khz.
    For moving it, its not a problem. I think its listed at 103 lbs. but it doesn't feel like it to me. I can move it by myself if need be. I do plan on putting casters on it soon just to make it easier (I'm a lazy SOB!) I would also add that I have tried many other cabs but I love the punch, clarity, and deepness this cab gives me. I would buy another one.

I forgot, here is the link to the info:
    http://www.trace-elliot.com/bass/1524.html

3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Yep,
    I run one with a Trace Elliot V4, awesome sound,who needs a tweeter anyway?

4. used to have one some years ago. clean and clear sound with good deepbass. it has one chamber for each speaker with 2 ports each. it came with plastic covers so that u could tune it
    ex. covering both on the upper to get a closed cab with more focus and attack
    and leaving one or both open in the bottom to get deepbass.
    it was a great sounding cab but it is big and heavey and thats why i sold it and got something smaller(wich i regret today) :crying:

5. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    thanks for the input so far.

6. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    They are pretty heavy,but I can still manage it on my own.
    I usually put it on top of my sons skateboard to wheel it to the car and back! :D