Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Combo with tired speaker (I think) - advice??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by paulos, May 1, 2005.

1. Hi all - this is my first message on the forum. It's great that I've finally found a place that caters for us groovey bassists.

Anyway, the reason i found the site is because i need some advice.

My Trace combo (1x15" Speaker) which has seen on average about one gig a week & plus jams etc for the last 8 or so years. It has been totaly trouble free which is quite amazing really. But I tried a newish laney 1x15" Speaker) in a rehearsal studio which wasn't in the best condition and it sounded loads better than the Trace.

I think that the speaker is perhaps a little tired and i was thinking of replacing it. My problem is I haven't got a clue about speakers and i dont want my bass to sound even worse. The Bass amp sounds a bit muddy, and the low end is a bit farty when driven not that hard. EQ helps a little but it still doesn't sound right somehow.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, looking at your location I gather your not in the US. ;) Contact the guys at GM Audio and they can hook you up with the correct replacement speaker.

3. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Kelly Lee, I PM'd you about a manual.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    PM replied to! :D