1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot Combo with tired speaker (I think) - advice??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by paulos, May 1, 2005.

1. Hi all - this is my first message on the forum. It's great that I've finally found a place that caters for us groovey bassists.

Anyway, the reason i found the site is because i need some advice.

My Trace combo (1x15" Speaker) which has seen on average about one gig a week & plus jams etc for the last 8 or so years. It has been totaly trouble free which is quite amazing really. But I tried a newish laney 1x15" Speaker) in a rehearsal studio which wasn't in the best condition and it sounded loads better than the Trace.

I think that the speaker is perhaps a little tired and i was thinking of replacing it. My problem is I haven't got a clue about speakers and i dont want my bass to sound even worse. The Bass amp sounds a bit muddy, and the low end is a bit farty when driven not that hard. EQ helps a little but it still doesn't sound right somehow.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, looking at your location I gather your not in the US. ;) Contact the guys at GM Audio and they can hook you up with the correct replacement speaker.

3. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Kelly Lee, I PM'd you about a manual.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    PM replied to! :D