Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Commando 100h Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by walking_spanish, Dec 27, 2005.

1. I just put a used Trace Elliot head on hold at my local GC. I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on this head, like how it will do gigging. One other question is what sort of cab should i get with this...I was thinking like a 2x10, maybe a 4x10. Whatever I get needs to be gig worthy and loud enough to compete with 2 guitarist and a drummer. Thanks.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Musiciansfriend.com was blowing them out, new/old stock for $99. Good tone, but not real gig worth (not super loud). Also, it was only rated down to 8 ohms which means you are stuck with one cab. You could prob get a used Peavey head for more power and features for about the same cash on Evil Bay...

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im looking for a practice amp, quadzilla, its not very loud (good thing in this case) hows it sound ?

4. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    i had one of these for a while... it sounded great & made a good practice amp. not loud enough for playing with a band tho

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I must admit, it did have great tone!