1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace elliot commando 12 or fender rumble 100 watt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boshko, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Boshko

Boshko

Dec 4, 2016
    I must decide tommorow whether i should buy fender rumble 100 watt or trace elliot commando 12. Both are around 150 euros
    Please help

2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    have you gotten to try either of them? do you now old and in what condition each amp is?

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    First, do not buy anything used that you have not thoroughly checked out and played through at live band volume.

Second, which Rumble 100? V1 1x15 combo, or new V3 1x12 combo?
    Fender Rumble 100

4. Boshko

Boshko

Dec 4, 2016
    I can try the rumble but the trace is in a neighbor country where i will stay for a few days but i can't try it. The rumble is a v1 the old one. Which one has the better reputation

5. Boshko

Boshko

Dec 4, 2016
    As the owner says of the trace, he is selling it because he bought a new tube amp which he sent a picture of. He says it is in a perfect condition

6. Huge Trace Elliot fan, but I was never a fan of the Commando or Boxer series they came out with. Both your choices are small, low wattage amps though. I would probably pick the newer one.