1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot Commando 12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SDGRfreak, Apr 1, 2006.

1. hey
    I got a trace elliot commando 12 with a big burn mark in the circuit board. Needless to say its not working and i have no idea how amps work. Anyone out there have any idea how much this might cost to fix and if its even worth fixing. The burn mark is right beside an 1" diameter, 1.5" high cylinder(i dont know what it is) that says :
    SAMWHA
    CE-HQ 85(degrees symbol)C (M)
    63wv 4700uf
    The fire also took out a few little cylinders. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    First off, welcome to TB! Second, please fill out your profile as it helps other here on TB to help you with questions and suggestions.

Anyways, on to the problem at hand! I doubt it would be worth fixing. I hate to see a Trace Elliot die but... :crying: However, it depends on how much you like the amp and if it is worth it to you.

If you are in the US contact www.britishaudioservice.com. They are a great place to to business with and are a factory authorized Trace service facility.

If you are in the UK contact www.gmaudio.co.uk.They are another reputable and factory authorized service center.

3. Those big cylinders your talking about are capacitors. get all the in fo off them and go to an electronics shop. see if you can get exact parts(theyll probably cost you between 50c and a few dollars depending) then grab a soldering iron and some solder and replace them yourself.

if its still ****ed, call someone else.