1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot Commando 15 vs Peavey TNT 160

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darkss, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Darkss

Darkss

Nov 11, 2010
    Already own a Trace Elliot and i have an opportunity to trade it for a peavey tnt..
    should i make the trade..?

2. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I don't know much about the Commando; what advantage would this trade give you?

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 what don't you like about what you already have? Seems like a lateral trade at best.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

IF you're in europe (you didn't fill out your profile).. the trace may have better resale.

5. Darkss

Darkss

Nov 11, 2010
    the thing is that the trace elliot doesn.t have EQ (only bass, middle, treble), and it has kinda closed sound...which i don't like at all..
    I've never played a peavey bass amp in my life and the main thing i am interested is the durability...(i've had my share of problems with guitar peavey amps)

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Were your peavey guitar amps pro class --- or the cheapy low cost one.

I've had Reknowns, Speicals, Bandits etc.. all beaten to death.. still keep chugging.

There are pro class Peaveys.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Bass, Mid, and Treble IS your eq on the Trace. Maybe an eq pedal would make you happy?

8. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    An eq pedal be help but remember, the Commando has passive eq so bass at 0, mids at 10 and treble at 0 (with none of the boost buttons engaged) is the flat eq setting. At these settings I think it has a great sound.

I also use an MXR M80 to tweak the eq as I like it for the room, and FOH via the DI.