1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot 'Commando' combo series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Superconductor, Jul 27, 2007.

1. I'd been recently looking for powerful, compact combo amp in the 100 watt range.

In my January 2001 issue of BP, (Geddy Lee), there are advertisements for a Trace Elliot "Commando" combo series, the 15, (150 watts), 12 (100 watts), and 10 (65 watts).

I have always loved the Trace tone, but as most of you know, well... $$. The smallest Trace combo I can find is a 250w, which is a bit big for what I'm looking for (and expensive).

I can't seem to find any info on this series, and I'm guessing they have been discontinued, but I'm really interested in the 12, but I'm not having much luck.

Thanks

2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Nope - they've been discontinued...I think most likely when Peavey bought TE....I've had several Traces, but I never bought one of these...

3. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I actually think they were discontinued sometime during the Gibson time.

4. +1

They were pretty much the budget line were they not?

Probably not useful, but they are pretty abundant over here, there is nearly always one or two on UK ebay.

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I've gigged and rehearsed with a Commando 15 for over 10 years now. ItÂ’s the pre Gibson version It's been a great little combo and never let me down. No you don't have all the bells and whistles you get with more expensive amps but the tone is punchy and always has enough power. It has no DI but I use an MXR M80 in front so no problems there.