Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Commando Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by El_Bunto, Aug 7, 2002.

1. I saw a trace elliot commando 15, 150W RMS combo, 1x15" speaker for £350 (about $540). im lookin for a new amp and was wondering if this is as good a deal as i think it is. also if anyones previously owned/still does one can you give me an idea of how good they are? Cheers :cool:

2. I have a Commando 15. Good amp, depending on what you want to do with it. In a band situation, it's good for very small gigs and band practice. I can get loud and clear tones out of it, yet it doesn't have the headroom that I would like. If I crank up the pre and main it can get a little overdriven (some people like that, but it's not for me).

It's a decent amp, but I would say it's more on the low end of the Trace spectrum, hence the price. I paid $US 400 for mine. Just upgraded to a Eden WT-400 and Eden 210 cab, if that tells you anything...

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    for that much i will sell you the comando head and a 410 cab! much louder than that combo!
    but shipping doesn't look to good over seas on a cab. i could be wrong tho'.

steve

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I don't know how much volume you guys need but I have an old 100w 1 x 15 commando combo and it's very loud for it's size. I've used it for pub gigs un-miced as well as festival stages as a monitor and it's always performed.

5. bobthebassist

bobthebassist

Feb 12, 2002
    Britain
    It's a trace. What's to say.

The best things in life are green.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Nope, best things in life are blue!

As you live in Europe, I recommend getting Warwick Sweet 15. It's very sweet indeed!