Trace Elliot Commando Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by El_Bunto, Aug 7, 2002.

1. I saw a trace elliot commando 15, 150W RMS combo, 1x15" speaker for £350 (about $540). im lookin for a new amp and was wondering if this is as good a deal as i think it is. also if anyones previously owned/still does one can you give me an idea of how good they are? Cheers :cool:
  2. I have a Commando 15. Good amp, depending on what you want to do with it. In a band situation, it's good for very small gigs and band practice. I can get loud and clear tones out of it, yet it doesn't have the headroom that I would like. If I crank up the pre and main it can get a little overdriven (some people like that, but it's not for me).

It's a decent amp, but I would say it's more on the low end of the Trace spectrum, hence the price. I paid $US 400 for mine. Just upgraded to a Eden WT-400 and Eden 210 cab, if that tells you anything...
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    for that much i will sell you the comando head and a 410 cab! much louder than that combo!
    but shipping doesn't look to good over seas on a cab. i could be wrong tho'.

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't know how much volume you guys need but I have an old 100w 1 x 15 commando combo and it's very loud for it's size. I've used it for pub gigs un-miced as well as festival stages as a monitor and it's always performed.
  5. bobthebassist

Feb 12, 2002
    It's a trace. What's to say.

The best things in life are green.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Nope, best things in life are blue!

As you live in Europe, I recommend getting Warwick Sweet 15. It's very sweet indeed!