Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trace elliot dark green carpet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Jul 3, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    i have two trace 4x10s one with carpet and one without, is there any chance of changing the one with out carpet to having carpet.if so where can i get some of the dark green carpet either for free or for very cheap?thanks

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    It is possible, but it might be hard to find the green carpet to match. As far as free goes...I highly doubt it.

I re-tolexed a mesa boogie 212 cab last summer...and it wasn't so bad. I was kind of a pain, but it came out pretty good. I had to remove the drivers, strip the old tolex off. That was the worst part. Sand down the cabinet to get all the old glue off. Then you use "tolex glue" made specifically for this application to secure the new covering. I used a plastic wallpaper squeegee to apply the new tolex. Trimming the corner seams was difficult too. But luckily that cab had metal corners that covered my not so nice looking seams.

It wasn't too expensive. The replacement tolex was like $12/yd, and the glue was like $8 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    cheers, not sure i will go ahead with this plan as i dont have the time lol thanks anyway