Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot division of Peavey?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 2, 2006.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i didnt know Trace was a division of Peavey but thats what it says on the Peavey home page! you learn something every day. not that its a big deal they both make good stuff!!!:hyper:

2. It's my understanding that Peavey is distributing Trace Elliot gear. I believe Trace is making their own gear. Can anyone confirm this?

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'd second that.

There was a lot of discussion about this here a few months ago as TE came about and had Peavey set up as a distributor for the US market.

I'm quite sure that TE is not really a division of Peavey in a sense Peavey owns them. Trace is making their own gear and is indepentantly owned apart from Peavey.

4. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i agree thats what it looks like to me also!!!:D

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Peavey are acting purely as a distributor. The amps are being hand built in the UK in a dedicated facility.

6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    But if I'm not mistaken, in a dedicated facility owned/leased by Peavey - who bought the traces of Trace from Gibson. Not that that's a bad thing!

Alex

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    According to Hartley Peavey and Ken Achard's new book, "The Peavey Revolution",

"In 2005 Peavey acquired the North American distribution rights to the Trace Elliott brand".

It says nothing about Peavey ownership of Trace Elliott.

TD

8. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    As I understand it, Peavey does actually own Trace Elliot. The original founder is back and has been given a free hand...with Peavey's resources behind him. Peavey is neither designing nor building Trace from what I have been told...

Kim

9. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Peavey does own Trace. The only thing we are building are the cabinets.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Peavey bought all rights to Trace Elliot from Gibson.

However, Peavey has stated in a press release I read that it will let Trace run independently of it's parent company other than handling distribution for them.

I can't wait to try the new AH1000-12 with the new 410 & 115 cabs! :hyper: :bassist:

11. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    This guy works for Peavey.

Looks settled to me.