Trace Elliot & Doug Wimbish...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Ahhh, gotta spread the good news! Word is, from the message board on, he is going back to Trace Elliot! Thats totally awesome (for me atleast). Doug Wimbish and Living Colour were one of the reasons why I picked up bass so many years ago. Also the reason why my first actual rig was (2) 2x10 and (2) 1x15 (all pregibson and I still own them). He has a short stint with SWR but, in my opinion, I think he probably went RUNNING back to Trace (and I dont blame him).

I dunno.. Makes me happy to hear this...
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, it's definately a good move for TE to lure back it's former endorsers. If alot of them come back it will kinda say "Hey, Trace is back!"

Hmm, I wonder if Steve Harris will be among those returning?
  3. 4x10 and 2 15s. awesome!
    what do you power 'em with?
    hopefully Trace does win back their former endorsers. definitly would be good for them.

And of course, *I'd* be willing to help....! ;)
  4. I power them with 2 GK 700RBs
  5. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Does trace have a website?

I rememeber awhile back when you typed in it sent you to gibson's website or something.

I also rememember not to long ago reading on here that trace was back and that they had a site, but now I can't find the link to where they had all their new stuff.

Also is trace elliot over in Europe, or is it in USA?

For some reason I just seem to put england and trace elliot together.

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  7. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
  8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    From what I have heard they are going to be distributed through bass specialty shops only when they start shipping them. I personally don't think thats the best way to go. As long as they keep them out of GC I'll be happy. :D
  9. Same here with the Doug Wimbish and Living Colour! I only got to play a Trace Elliot rig once at a jam session, but it was so punchy and clear, I played Wimbish licks all night!
  10. I've always liked TE cabs,and i got my chance to get a 2x10 and a 1x15 cabs for the ridicolus price of $250 ,they're pre gibson and i got o say that these are one of my favorite bass cabs,they're loud,they sound tight,I just love it.
  11. I fell in love with Trace after attending a Doug Wimbish clinic at Zapf's Music in the early/mid '90s. Bought a head shortly thereafter (can't remember the model, however) which I ran through an older Peavey 4/10. Yikes! I've regretted selling that rig for a few years now.
  12. casio

Aug 1, 2007
    well, I'v never had much luck with the traces I've managed to get my hands on, but they still used to be reputed as such a great company I might of just been out of luck with the specimens I got to!:D
    I am happy to see them conig back in a good way though!although I can't say I'm thrilled with the design they have as of recntly!:D
    kudos for wimbish though!
  13. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Do you guys realize this thread is 2 years old?
  14. And?????

Nah, I realized it after I posted. Oh well. My story was 12 years old. haha.
  15. For the record, I had the opportunity to see Doug play thru a 2 4x10 and 2 1x15 rig power by two GP12 AH1000. He used the Spector.

Insane. Just amazing.:hyper: