Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Extension Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michael Yetton, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Michael Yetton

Michael Yetton

Dec 11, 2000
    Essex, UK
    I have a Trace Elliot 7210 combo.
    (2 x 10inch speakers)
    (GP7 Preamp)
    (300 watts)
    I want to get an extension cab. A 15"
    I was wondering. should i stick with Trace Elliot cabinets, to go with it, or are there other cabs, that would be better for the job?
    thanks!
    -Mike

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I played through a trace rig (4x10, 1x15- I think the head was a series 6 or somethin like that) last week at a rehearsal studio and I have to say it kicked ass! It was a loud 6 piece funk band and the stack sounded loud punchy and clear with all the thousands of knobs and sliders set flat. After reading impressions of trace gear on this board I didn't think I was going to like it but I did. Just goes to show- use ur ears! I say go for the TE cab if you already have one.

3. Hey Michael

Sorry for the blatant advert, but I have a Trace 1x15 cab for sale, 250 watts, good condition. Drop us an Email if you're interested. I'm looking for about 200 quid for it (they cost 500 new I believe).

4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    yes, go with it cause you will get good bottom end. Now, you use only 220 w on 8 ohms.

5. The Trace 1153 is a pretty sweet 1x15--it's light, loud, and punchy. It's got a lot of high-end response for a 15, too.