Trace Elliot Extension Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michael Yetton, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Michael Yetton

Michael Yetton

Dec 11, 2000
    Essex, UK
    I have a Trace Elliot 7210 combo.
    (2 x 10inch speakers)
    (GP7 Preamp)
    (300 watts)
    I want to get an extension cab. A 15"
    I was wondering. should i stick with Trace Elliot cabinets, to go with it, or are there other cabs, that would be better for the job?
  2. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I played through a trace rig (4x10, 1x15- I think the head was a series 6 or somethin like that) last week at a rehearsal studio and I have to say it kicked ass! It was a loud 6 piece funk band and the stack sounded loud punchy and clear with all the thousands of knobs and sliders set flat. After reading impressions of trace gear on this board I didn't think I was going to like it but I did. Just goes to show- use ur ears! I say go for the TE cab if you already have one.
  3. Hey Michael

Sorry for the blatant advert, but I have a Trace 1x15 cab for sale, 250 watts, good condition. Drop us an Email if you're interested. I'm looking for about 200 quid for it (they cost 500 new I believe).
  4. zoran

May 10, 2002
    yes, go with it cause you will get good bottom end. Now, you use only 220 w on 8 ohms.
  5. The Trace 1153 is a pretty sweet 1x15--it's light, loud, and punchy. It's got a lot of high-end response for a 15, too.