Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot fake or what!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pete_the_beat, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Hey, hope you guys can help me on this one.
    I'm thinking about buying a Trace Elliot 1210 200W Series 6 m. GP12 preamp over the internet. My problem is that i can't find this model, I can only find it with 300W but not with 200W. Is this guy trying to hustle me or what or does this model exist in 200W.
    Hope you can help me.

2. If I remember correctly the Series 6 Trace stuff came out in the early 90's. I had one of the AH300 heads with the 11 band EQ (no 12th red slider for 30hz...I think thats the freq) that I bought new in 1991. My Trace head was 300 watts into 4 ohms. I'm not familiar with the particular model in question but I seem to remember TE putting out 150w, 200w and 250w heads at one point around that time. Might be a legit piece of equipment IMHO or perhaps a typo on the seller's part.

Is this a 2x10 combo or a head? You could always e-mail Trace Elliot and ask.

www.traceelliot.com

3. ChrisRae

ChrisRae

Jan 25, 2001
    North Wales, UK
    Hi, I have a 200w TE amp head and an 1153 cab.
    It is the AH200 series 6. I seem to remember a combo which sounds like the one you are contemplating. Trace are really helpful if you contact them direct. Maybe get a pic from the vendor?

Good luck.

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I have an AH200 series 6 as well and it's a pretty darn nice little head.
    If you can get past the whole power switch on the back, D.I. on the front dumb sh*t design.

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I had the 250 or 300 watt (can't remember now)SM Series 1210 Combo. It was the GP7 pre-amp not the GP12. The combo had a pair of 10" and sounded great - just was a pain to lug around.

I believe that prior to the combo I bought came out, it was a 200 watt version...

6. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    I have a Trace brochure from about 1995(don't ask me why I keep this stuff)and all the power ratings are;130,250,350,and 600.but I think trace changed power ratings from time to time.I seem to remember when they first came on the market they had a 500 watt head.