Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmike1, Jul 14, 2004.

1. bassmike1

bassmike1

Apr 9, 2004
    Greetings-I Own two Trace AH350x heads which sound warm and powerful thru two Trace 410 stacks. Yes I know they were bought out. But I'm searching feverously for a Trace Elliot channel switching footswitch. Currently using an SWR
    SM900 channelswitch. Doesn't quite cut it. Anybody? Tradsies?

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm not familiar with the SWR footswitch. Are you just wanting the TE footswitch to have a matched setup or does the SWR not switch the the EQ and Preshape properly?

3. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi BassMike,

Have you tried sending an Email til info@trace-elliot.com

You never know, they might checking it still.

Hope it works out for you.

4. Persuader

Persuader

Feb 7, 2001
    upstate,ny
    I've got a footswitch for my AH250...think one button for eq other for mid/cut?
    I may want to part with it.

5. i can't find a Trace footswitch for my ah350 for love nor money so I bought a marshall one (2 buttons with LED's like the trace one, seemed to be the nearest thing to it) and surprise surprise it doesn't work. It can control the EQ / Preshape section but when you press the switches it goes:

On
    (press switch)
    Off
    (press switch)
    Still off
    (press switch)
    LED flickers for a brief second
    (press switch)
    back to On

Which is less than ideal obviously.

Does anybody have any info on how trace's footswitches work so I can attempt to modify my marshall one so that it does the job?

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The Trace footswitch uses momentary switches. It sends a momentary signal to the head and the head actually switches internally. The wiring is through, ofcourse, a stereo 1/4" plug. Tip & sheild give you your Graphic EQ control and ring & sheild give you your Pre-Shape control. I just checked to make sure this was correct using my footswitch. Hope it helps.

7. Thanks for the info Kelly- That makes sense as i was having to turn switches on and off again in order to get the LED to change.

Looks like I'll be buying some momentary switches to go in my marshall footswitch then! Still shouldn't come to too much money

Really appreciate it man, thanks a bunch.

8. Okay I bought some momentary footswitches and soldered them into my marshall footswitch this morning- works like a charm! Even got the LED's reflecting the state of the amp!

Yay. Thanks again for the help Kelly Lee.

9. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No problem! I'm glad I could help a fellow Trace user.

BTW, you can repay me by keeping an eye out for a V-type anything from Trace ;) :D Man, I want a V8 :crying:

10. Yeah they look seriously cool (I want one too)

There's a Quatra Valve head and a V8 stack on ebay.co.uk at the mo but I guess thats not much use to you given where you're located!

11. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan