Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot GP12 Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oneoftheway, May 1, 2003.

1. oneoftheway

oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    Hey

Just got a trace elliot GP12 preamp and i dont really know what 4x10 im gunna get to go with it. Any idea's?:)

2. Hey Codyscarff... you're probably wondering why folks aren't jumping on this thread to recommend various speakers for you. Part of the fault here belongs to Trace Elliot. You see, a lot of the Trace amps have two parts... the preamp (GP12) and a power section. You can also buy the preamp alone, but it will not power your speakers by itself.

Look at the back of your amp for the model number and the wattages and post them here. That will give other folks an idea of how much power you've got to work with (hopefully some!), and then you should get a few replies. If there's no power section inside there... well, let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Tell us what you've got to work with...

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    to my ears, I like swr cabs with trace heads. good stuff.

4. oneoftheway

oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    Sorry Guys

The guy i was dealing with backed out. Just as well cause i was about the buy a power amp this morning just as i got his email.

Thanks for the help;)