Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TRACE ELLIOT GP12 XV

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Sep 25, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Interested in your feedback about this old Trace Elliot Preamp.

thanks a lot

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Ah buon giorno, Sr. Barroso. Come va oggi, eh?

Looks like you an I are the only Trace guys here. ;)

3. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    I just got one off of Ebay but unfortunately the post office broke the output level knob/pot off so I've been trying to replace that pot.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can find an original potentiometer for this amp please let me know.

The part is:
    50KB Alps miniature pot with ~1/4" shaft diameter, smooth shaft, and 20 or so detents/clicks.

Gibson sent me to Mojo supply who doesn't carry this pot and I've searched on the net till I'm tired. I'm just going to use another 50K to replace it for now.

Barroso, do you have the owners manual or schematic for this preamp? I've been looking for that too.

Tapp

4. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Try "www.gmaudio.co.uk" .

I have a GP12 SMX that I recently brought out of it's tomb (where it's been for the last 9-10 years). In my search to find certain replacement parts for it, I came across that website. Give 'em a try.

5. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Thanks for the info. Barroso, my pre is the GP12XV, silver unit and is different than the GP12 pre in the manual you sent. I think mine was produced in '90 so it's early and before an Gibson affiliation.

Onyx: I have tried e-mailing gmaudio and have gotten no response. Are they still in business?? I emailed them a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone knows where a broken Trace pre or head is that could be salvaged from I would sure like to have the correct potentiometer for the "output Level" control.

Tapp

6. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Tapp,

They aren't too good about answering their e-mail, as I've found out.

I had sent them an e-mail and before they answered ( about 2 weeks) I lucked out and found what I was looking for at a local guitar store that used to be a T-E dealer.

Try sending them another e-mail or two. Hopefully you'll get some kind of response.

You might also want to try posting something in the "Wanted" section of TalkBass.