Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot GP12SMX 2x10' combo problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rainy, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Rainy

Rainy

Sep 22, 2003
    Croatia, Zagreb
    HI!

this is how it goes... I have Trace Elliot GP12SMX 2x10' combo and it worked fine until one day I forgot a power supply cabel and I try to used one from Marshall AVT guitar amp...and it didn't work...then i went home and tried with original trace cable and it was the same... no signal, no life...dead dead dead :meh: i belive that the Fuse went out but i can't find it :meh: does someone has picture of this trace fuse or some advice how to fix problem..

please, i'm desperate :bawl: :crying: :bawl:

2. Rainy

Rainy

Sep 22, 2003
    Croatia, Zagreb
    anybody ?... please :rollno:

3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I have a rackmount Trace similar to the GP12SMX. I've had extensive modifications done to it, so I'm not sure of the "original" components layout.

There might be a fuse sled on the back of your amp--these can be removed and re-inserted. The purpose behind this design is to allow the use of 110v OR 220v systems. If you remove this sled, you'll notice that there will be a fuse inside.

I'm not sure if this is the set-up that your amp uses, however. Like I mentioned, mine has been modified. If the fuse is not accessible from the back, chances are that you may have to open the amp up. Sometimes, the fuses are installed into a holder which is soldered directly onto the PC board.

4. Rainy

Rainy

Sep 22, 2003
    Croatia, Zagreb
    tnx for al information....
    i guess i have hidden fuse(es) , Onyx do you have mejbi pic of your amp inside...
    and could me explain the meaning of the word ''sled'' ...

peace ;)

5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    No pix. Unfortunately, I won't be anywhere near my studio where I keep it--at least not for a few weeks.

The fuse sled will be a plastic square about 1 inch across. If you look at it closely, you should see a voltage reading on it. The typical way to remove these is to insert a flat blade screwdriver into a small slot and depress the tab--the sled should then slide out. The fuse sled is usually located next to the power cord.

6. try looking under the plug where the power goes in.
    that's where it was on my head.
    you may need to pry it open with a flat head screwdriver

we also saw quite a few of these blow fuses regularly :crying:

7. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Update!

Ok--I've just been informed by a TE using friend of mine that the fuse holder may be ROUND ( maybe 1 cm in diameter) and not square like it is on mine. This can removed with a flat tip screw driver as well. It should be located right next to or above the power cord.