Trace Elliot GP12X, (Steve Harris)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KAOSBass, Oct 8, 2005.

1. KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Does anyone have any pics of this preamp or of Steve harris' rig?

Just curious was reading about i and wanted to see a pic, and get any thoughts of anyone using them.
  2. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Can't find any pics, the model it replaced, the GP12 SMX pops up all the time in preamp form but I really want to bag myself a GP12X, there is a 4x10 combo using it on eBay UK but I don't want something that would be harder than my existing rig to negotiate my staircase with. The GP12X itself is incredibly well featured:

# MIDI control.
    # Valve/solid state preamp section.
    # 12 band graphic EQ.
    # Harmonic Emphasis.
    # Switchable, variable valve gain.
    # Switchable pre-shape curve.
    # Noise reduction.
    # Dual compressor.
    # Electro-luminescent front panel.
    # Two stereo effects loops - one full range, one high pass.
    # Pre/post EQ balanced DI outputs.
    # Tuner Output.

Quote from an old Harmony Central feature

And here is a picture of the AH1000 which features the GP12X to the exact specs of the standalone pre but has a triamp capable 1000 watt power stage too.

Hope this helps you, this is all I can find currently.
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Does he use the newer GP12X or the older one? If its the older one it is also known as a Series 6. Here is a pic...
  4. Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    Hello AJ,

I have a Trace Elliot GP12X preamp.I've been using it for a few months now and the different sounds you can get from it is amazing.It's not the series 6 version Kelly was on about,it was made around 1999-2000.

I contacted Kelly Lee a while ago now as to the operation of it,but since i've managed to print out a manual for it and buy the 5 way Trace footpedal for it.

I'll try and post up some pictures of it.The only thing is that I had to have the front Electro-Luminesant panel replaced with another one off the combo series GP12X as they are no longer available.This was done courtesy of GM Audio(Gavin)

5. Hi:)
    I quite sure that Harris are using the older trace 12 band eq, and I know for sure thar he have special made 4x12 cab, don`t know the brand. I knew I have seen a pic somewhere...maybe it was a ad for trace elliot..will send it if I find it!!

Roll that black pop!
  6. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    The TE range is so confusing, I think we should start a Trace Elliot history site, just try and get together as many pics and details on the TE range right from the start, finding info is a real pain currently specially since Gibson deleted the old site. It isn't helpful that Trace had a habit of reusing model names - the AH series can mean three different amps from different eras :/.