Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot GP12X???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drpepper99uk, May 23, 2005.

1. Drpepper99uk

Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    London,U.K
    Hello,

I have just purchased one of these for just under £150 at a local music shop and I would like to know some info about it if possible.I've browsed around on the net and on the Gibson website which has got online manuals for it.It was a toss up beetween the GP12SMX and this model which apparently is the better out of the two as it's got valve drive/shaping and other things like midi input.

What type of amp would be best for this type of pre-amp? I've only just started getting into trying out new gear as i've always stuck with the basic combo+cab route until now.

I've currently got a 4x10 cab and a 15" Peavey Combo 115 which supports a cab output for another 100W or so.Is it at all possible to use this preamp through my Peavey combo and utilising the amp built inside it or would I have to buy another amp on top.

Thanks.

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I had that preamp for a while and am still kicking myself for selling it. I'd advise that you dump that Peavey combo and try it with different PA amps (like the Stewart World or the Crest CA series). That with your 4x10 should be sufficent for just about anything.

3. Drpepper99uk

Drpepper99uk

Dec 31, 2004
    London,U.K
    Thanks for your reply.I'll do just that!!!

Cheers.