Trace Elliot GP7SM Power Question....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lomer, Feb 18, 2006.

1. lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hey guys, I've been chasing a Trace Elliot bass head for a while now and i've just managed to bag one finally...

Specifically it is a GP7SM 250W head, but i'm buying it from the USA site and I live in Australia so is it hard to get this head modified for 240V power??? I've heard that it's as simple as flicking a switch on the back of some heads for this change...

Any help you guys could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.... :bassist:
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yes, the GP7SM head should have a small recessed black switch for selecting the proper voltage for your country.

Gotta love Trace Elliot! :D
  3. As Kelly Lee says, some are as easy as flicking a switch (My AH400SMX has this). Some on the other hand aren't so easy and require the change of some leads on the transformer... I was gonna put a new transformer in a friends V-Type combo as it had fried (also the 250w power stage) and seeked advice from gavin at GM Audio... I cant remember what he said now but it was literally moving two wires as the transformers were designed to operate 120v or 240v... Purple and grey wires rings a bell... Sorry I can be no more specific, Matt
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You wouldn't be refering to the one that was on Ebay, would you? Because I just bought that one.