Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace-Elliot Hexa Valve any good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blakwatch, Aug 8, 2005.

1. blakwatch

blakwatch

Oct 13, 2004
    New Brunswick
    I have a friend selling a Trace-Elliot Hexa Valve head. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am a little gun shy of Trace Elliot but it sounds really REALLY good... Whaddaya think? :meh:

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    NO! They are absolute garbage and you should tell me where it is so I can go get it and trash it! :eyebrow:

Actually, dude, they are one of the best tube amps ever built! It's 380 watts of pure tube power with a Series 6 preamp!

All I can tell you is that it is a very rare amp to find and if you don't want it I'm sure there are atleast a dozen guys here that would jump on it!

3. Does your friend work for UPS by chance? I see that their customer service center is located in Moncton. That very well could be the Hexa that UPS damaged when Jugghaid shipped to me. There aren't too many of these heads floating around any more, so I would snap it up if I were you... or PM me the details and I will buy it a second time. :)

4. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    So will I. :)

5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    :eek:

consider me one of the dozen. :ninja:

6. me too!! i would even pay to have it shipped here and converted for 240volts!

7. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, thats four that are ready!

8. blakwatch

blakwatch

Oct 13, 2004
    New Brunswick
    OK then! Well, I do love the sound, so I'm a gonna get it. Sorry guys... Thanks for the feedback!

9. We're waiting for the pictures... :rolleyes:

10. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    If you or Jugghaid has the serial number to that amp, it'd be interesting to check it against this one just to see if it's the same one.

I wonder what UPS does with that kind of stuff......

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You can count me 8 times, then! :D

12. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Some how I knew you still wanted one! :p

13. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
  14. blakwatch

blakwatch

Oct 13, 2004
    New Brunswick
    Interesting.. I'd like to know how much that one goes for on Ebay. The one I am looking at, the guy wants 1100$ CDN. (890ish USD$) Sound fair?

15. I'm in but the reserve is pretty high.

16. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  17. This one won't be a bargain. From the pictures this does not appear to be the Azola/BassGreaser/Jugghaid HexaValve which had some UPS rash on it.

18. From the seller's auction: "I will end the auction early for the first offer over $1000.00 U.S.D...". It's all yours, Tom! :)

19. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...TOM!?!...

Let the race BEGIN...or shall I say...end...

~S~

PS: Tom, quaterly tax suck...LOL...

20. i think he be exaggerating the power of it, or was 500 watt+ RMS ? is it 6 KT88/6550's ?