1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot Hexa Valve

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by tombowlus, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Man, I hate to part with this thing, but between my V8 and VA400, I have the "big Trace tube head thing" covered, and if I am jonesing for the sweet sounds of the Valve series, I have a Twin Valve head (and a Twin Valve combo). So...

For sale/trade is my Trace Elliot Hexa Valve head. It's in great working order (completely gone over by Shane at British Audio Service some years back), and good, though not pristine, cosmetic condition. Here's one pic (I'll take more and post them later):

IMG_7834.jpg

I'm asking $875, plus shipping. No international sales.

Tom.

2. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Tone comparisons? I'm familiar with Ampeg, Traynor, and the Trace V-Series all-tube...

3. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Wow, never thought I'd see the day you part with your hexa valve.

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    The Valve series heads have a full and warm, yet clean and articulate, tone. They don't really do an overdrive, but you can dial in a little hint of grit/growl. Clean tones are their forte, though.

5. Luis Arturo

Luis Arturo

Oct 21, 2005
    Washington DC
    PM'ed

6. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    And sold!

Thread Status: