Trace Elliot, no more?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt bass, Sep 23, 2003.

1. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Hi guys.

I recently posted a thread enquiring whether anyone had any experience with 2 pieces of Trace gear. (AH300-7 head + 1048H cab)

After finding no prices online, i emailed my nearest Trace dealer (PMT, Birmingham, UK) asking for any prices and what they had in stock.

I recievd a relpy stating that Trace Elliot no longer exist as the company shut down. I know that Gibson purchased them not too long ago but was no aware of any closure.

Are these guys mad and wanting me to buy another product, or are they telling the truth and saving me time trying to find Trace gear?

Cheers guys

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Gibson has stopped all Trace production except for the acoustic guitar amps. The bass amps are no longer made.
  3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Well crap:spit:

I HATE hearing about good companies going away. Even if it's after Gibson spent some time ruining their name. GRRRRRRRRRR:spit:
  4. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    That sucks, I heard a couple of Trace set ups and they all sounded just freakin awesome, every single one, it was amazing.
  5. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I should be getting a pre-gibson AH600-7 tomorrow or thursday. I can honestly say-- I'M FREAKIN' STOKED!!!
  6. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Well thanks for the info guys. Im very disapointed as i've heard many a trace rig in full blast, and to my ears nothing cuts through quite like a Trace amp.

Oh well now i have £600 UK to spend on a head and a 4x12 or 4x10 cab.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I was looking at a Peavey Nitrobass and a Peavey 4x12 cab. Any thoughts?

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Matt, you can honour TE by buying Ashdown... ;)
  8. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    It has been suggested, but with £600 i dont think i'll be getting much of an Ashdown rig lol