1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot QuatraValve (Price Reduced)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Kelly Lee, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    NOTE: This amp is being sold "AS IS"!!!

I do not know if there is anything else wrong with the amp but to the best of my knowledge there isn't. I will supply detailed pics of any area of the amp to anyone who is interested. If you are unsure about taking the risk then please don't. The only reason I have made it available again is due to some still having interest in it regardless of condition.

What I have here is one Trace Elliot QuatraValve tube amp built on March 10, 1990 in the U.K.

Features:

Seperate active/passive inputs
    Footswitchable mid pre-shape/EQ (does not include footswitch!)
    12 band Graphic EQ with level control
    Pre/post transformer balanced DI out
    Effects send/return
    Preamp line in/out
    Two 12ax7 preamp tubes
    Four 6550 power tubes
    220 watts
    4 or 8 ohm switch
    1/4" or XLR speaker outs

I'll list the bad first and if you are not put off then continue reading. Gain and Output pots need to be replaced as the volume will fade out on you at times. Three of the EQ sliders nubs have broken off (60Hz, 2.6KHz, and 5KHz) but they still work perfectly. They are just a little harder to adjust. This amp looks a little rough and definately needs servicing before going back to regualr jam duties. I talked with Shane at British Audio Service a while back and he said around $200 should take care of everything.

Still here? OK. The preamp has two 12ax7 tubes. One is marked "ECC83" in red and the other has no markings. The power section has four Russian made Electro Harmonix EH6550's.

The weight of this amp is about 38lbs so shipping isn't going to be cheap. The amp will be packaged well and all tubes will be pulled and wrapped individually for shipping. I will provide pics of any area of the amp you want and I have high-res pics of the ones shown here. I have done my best to describe this amp as accurately as possible.

I'm asking $500 obo + s/h. Sorry, no trades.

IMG_2896small.
    IMG_2897small.
    IMG_2904small.
    IMG_2901small.
    IMG_2907small.
    IMG_2906small.

2. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Bump.

3. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Would somebody please buy this so I don't have to?

4. quickervicar

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    PM sent

5. quickervicar

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Still available?

6. Kelly Lee