Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trace elliot replacement power cord

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 00soul, Jun 5, 2005.

1. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    i recently bought a 300h head. love it so far, but it didnt come with a power cord (tested it with a power cord from a different amp)

the only replacement i could find was this one

http://www.britishaudioservice.com/shop_trace_access.shtml

its the only one they list on that site. is it safe to assume that it will work with my head?

2. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    anyone reccomend a brand of generic cable i could use instead?

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    That cord configuration is standard on computers and many amps, but whatever you do don't get one that has less than 14 gauge conductors. Radio Shack/Circuit City/Staples etc. sell these, as does Parts Express and about a thousand other sources.

4. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    is a cord a cord? or do i have to match it with the specs on the back fo the amp or something?, if so, what specs should i pay attention to?

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    A cord is a cord for the most part. Just make sure it is like Bill said, 14ga or heavier.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Whenever we get new servers in the data-center, I'll snag a power cord or two to have as spares... 14 ga., 12 ft... We buy short cords to rack the servers, so the long cables usually get trashed... The other nice thing about them is that the winding "bends" get worked out fairly easily and they stay very straight!

-robert