1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Trace Elliot smx 400 head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by lalo_garcia-maynez, Jan 5, 2016.

1. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Price:
    $380 shipd
    image. image. image. image. image. image. I have a great Trace Elliot 400 smx head ; it works great , has a compressor and tube and solid state sections; nice condition (black light matters lol !
    It works and looks great !!!)

I have used this in church every Sunday for TWO SONGS per week ... So it has not really been gigged that much by me.

PayPal is fine and price includes shipping within the continental USA .
    My paypal address is
    Eduardo_maynez@yahoo.com

Questions ? You can text me at 202-445-34four1

kwdhsk, Mediocrity Man and devnulljp like this.
  2. fbny71

fbny71

May 28, 2010
    West Hempstead, NY
    PM incoming

3. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    On HOLD until sunday night .

4. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    Amp is NOT on hold anymore

Thanks

5. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    Still available !

6. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Talking Rock GA
    OEM Manufacturing Supplier
    How deep is the chassis? These are great amps!

7. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    With the case and the light it's 17 Inches deep, the amp only is 15 inches including the front knobs.

Thanks !
    It's a killer amp indeed and the compression and variable solid state or Tube section makes it even more flexible. You can select one or the other or mix it, that gives you more tones.

8. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    Analyzing this amp there are many things to like and enjoy, but perhaps my favorite thing about this preamp are the preshape and graphic eq; when you activate the pre shape thesound can go from A perfect fingerstyle tone to a perfect Slap tone ! The best part is that this can be done with a footswitch !!! Therefore this is perfect hands free change of tone and the ONLY solution from switching back and forth between fingerstyle and slap in the middle of the song without commiting agroove violation !! I wonder why more companies don't do it ? Leave it to the guys of trace Elliot , in my opinion the most innovative company in the history of bass amplification ! The slap Sound is SO GOOD that trace Elliot's are what Mark King used during level 42 golden years! If you live in the dc area come and check it out. There are a couple in eBay right now for twice as much money !

9. What a
    great price for a killer amp.

lalo_garcia-maynez likes this.
  10. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Interesting amp. How much does it weigh? Is the fan quiet does it have any bacground hiss or hum. How is the DI?

bryanm707 likes this.
  11. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    Hi
    It's not extremely heavy !!!
    Nothing out of the ordinary
    The fan sounds but not very loud and the di has a great transformer which helps in recording or sending the signal to the pa (trace always used the best components !!).
    They are great amps !!

12. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Manager - Zon Guitars
    I have an AH300SMX... it was my first "real" amp... and I think these amps are some of the most underrated tube/solid state combos ever made.

Tube/Solid State blend control? Yup.
    12-band graphic EQ? Yup.
    Built-in dual-band compression with high and low blend control? Yup.

They're not too heavy and very conservatively rated as far as power goes... my amp is only supposed to be 300 watts and it's one of the louder amps I've ever owned.

Would love to get a mint matching 4x10 cab for someday.

Anyway, GLWTS!!!

lalo_garcia-maynez likes this.
  13. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    I agree... These things are the best!!! For sure my favorite brand of bass amps!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  14. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    Amp is ON HOLD until Monday