Trace Elliot Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Sep 2, 2005.

1. What are they like, did a quick search, didnt find much info on them here other than they have green silk

BLX 's are what they are called, anyone have any experience with these ?
  2. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I had the nickel rounds (40-100's) on my Sklar replica bass. Nice buttery feel and tension....not as bright as some nickel rounds.

3. Used them years ago.....OK....but not up to the Steel Rounds quality that Trace made! Contacted one of the guys in Trace Elliot about 4 years ago.....looking for their Steel Roundwounds.......mentioned all I could get was BLX strings - he commente that they had stopped making them about 2 years earlier!

So if you've got BLX strings now - they've probably been in the packet at least 6 years! :eek:
  4. joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I just got a set off ebay and these are killer strings! They said made in the USA, so I'm thinking somebody manufactured them for Trace. anybody have any clue on that?

5. Agreed - I still have a sealed 5 string set that may come out for a rainy day...shame they stopped making them!!

If memory serves they were made in the USA, using Swedish stainless steel......for a UK amp manufacturer!!

To me it was a win-win-win......wish they still made them and they were readily available!!