1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot T-Bass for sale -- 1996 Special Edition

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by GrooveWarrior, Aug 30, 2004.

1. $750

1996 Trace Elliot T-Bass Special Edition.

- Maple Neck/Maple Board
    - Amber MOP block inlays
    - Dual Status Hyperactive Jazz Pickups (with a third, hum-cancelling pickup under the pickguard)
    - Vol/Vol/Bass/Treble/Tone Control Bypass Switch (Volume knobs have 20 detents - very classy)
    - Badass II and original independent bridge included
    - New Gator Hardshell case
    - Sea Foam Green with a Pearloid pickguard
    - The neck is perfect, and it plays like a dream!

Great player. Lot of body wear, and an area on the back at the control cavity where a previous owner routed it a little bigger to put a different preamp in, and realized that the status one was so good he put it back in. I will send detailed pics of the bruises. I have another T-Bass that is my main bass, and I am trying to fund my GAS for a Marchlewski.

There is one that isn't a special edition at Bass Palace for $1169. Due to the bumps and bruises, I'm not looking to get nearly that much even though it is a SE. Here is the link to that one:
    http://www.basspalace.com/dynamic/displaybass/4StringBass/3577

HEAR A SOUND CLIP OF IT HERE:
    http://www.icompositions.com/auditorium/showphoto.php?photo=5782&password=&sort=1&cat=541&page=1

I am new to digital recording, and when I converted it to mp3, it got a little distorted. It didn't sound like that when I recorded it.

2. More Pics.

3. This one shows some dings.

4. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    Wanna swap?

5. Sorry, I'm a 4 string guy. I bought a 5 once and it ended up being strung E to C. I just can't make the jump.