Trace Elliot T-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FireWaterBurn, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Hey guys, this is my first post,
    Does anyone have or know someone that has a Trace Elliot T-bass, i just wanted to know what kind of reputation they had as far as building basses went, i know the amps are good but i just wanted your guys opinions, thank you.
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    They didn't make the basses. Status did. Status builds high quality stuff. In fact, I'm hard pressed to remember something by Status that was of questionable reputation.

All in all, I say that if you find one, it plays nicely, sounds good, I'd pick it up. I've only played one and liked it quite a bit:)
  3. Thanks man, my dad picked one up for me about 6 months ago but i'd just never heard of them or Status, i should have check that out, it does actually have "status" written all over the machine heads!!!!
    I just need to pick up a Trace Elliot Amp now, i bet the two sound great together :D :D :D
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new bass!

Status is mainly a graphite-neck bass guitar company with relatively few wood-neck basses out there. Also, in the US, there less well known than Modulus or Zon, but compete in approximately the same category.

IMO, Status beats out both Modulus and Zon. They're just not as well known...
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany the U.S. Europe is their main market I suppose.

AFAIK the T-basses were originally built as a special edition by Status for TE's 20th(?) anniversary. They were so successful that they made it a production model.

The special edition models and the highend production models have this angled headstock, where the machineheads are positioned.

the individual models differ a lot:

6. Yeah, mine is like the red one but its black, the scratchplate is also black, it looks pretty cool, but it sounds amazing, i'm just looking around for an amp that will do it justice, i have a very small 30Watt Laney amp and IMO its sacreligious to put it through that, but money is tight, do you know of anywhere that i can buy a better amp on a budget????
  7. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Sounds like a case for JT and Ryan... :p