Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace elliot to rack ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Leftyjames, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Hi, I've got two heads, one rackmountable trace elliot 250SMX GP12 and one NONrackmountable trace elliot 200SMX GP12. the last one is in one of those ugly wooden boxes with black covering.. I've studied the amp wel and compared it to the other one.. and dimension-wise it's the same(without that wooden frame) .. So my question is.. is it possible to get the amp out of the wooden frame easely(and how should I do that ?? there are no screws what so ever..) ? so I could put both Amps nicely in one rack..

thanks

2. in essence they are the same amp. Both would have had the option of one of the cases. My ah600smx is in a case but is rack mountable too. Just get to it with a screw driver and see......

Post some pics of you want.....

3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    As far as I remember, the head versions of the TE amps don't have a fully-enclosed chassis, so you'd have to fabricate a new chassis for it...I had a Series 6 AH200 once and pulled it apart to see what was inside.