1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot V-300H

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JoshB, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I just got this head on Saturday from todd4ta, but after playing it at church, could live without it, even after lusting over these v-type heads for a long while.

The famous v-type pre is the front end of this amp and is currently sporting a pair of JJ 12ax7's but I will also include a pair of Electro Harmonics 12ax7's for the buyer to try out. Output is 280w @ 4 ohms, but sounds a lot louder to me. It worked just fine in a band setting with 2 guitars, 2 singers, drums, and keys using only an 8ohm Avatar 112...gain at 11 o'clock and master at 10 o'clock...nice!

The head is in great shape. One of the previous owners added an NL2 recepticle to the back of the head which I am unable to test as I only have NL4 cables. The 1/4 speaker out works just fine.

This is a great sounding head, and it will serve anyone well.

Asking $425...

P1200014.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have one of these. Awesome head and at a give-away price!!!! Strange thing is my head says 320 watts RMS / 580 peak... Agree that this baby is wwwway louder than it's rated wattage.

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Yeah I'm kinda wonderin' this myself...? :eyebrow:

4. JoshB

back of mine says 280w RMS and 580w peak...I can take a picture if you're that skeptical...

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Is this a pretty heavy head (I assumed all tube heads were, but the Traynor YBA-200 busted that for me)?

6. JoshB

nope...it's a tube preamp and SS power amp and weighs about 25-30lbs I guess. I can pick it up one handed and carry it really easily. (but then again, you know how big I am Vic and since I move road cases for a living...)

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Agreed, it's reasonably light. As for the wattage rating, it's prob one of those things like I've seen with Eden and others. They realize that their heads are putting out more wattage than they originally rated them for and update the specs on later revisions. I prob have just a later one. This is just speculation of course... In any case, guys and gals, this is a WONDERFUL sounding head. Very thick and organic. Even has a mid shift knob (pull the mid knob for the shift option). GREAT price too!

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    True, yer a bruiser, for sure. And you and I both know that Vic is..., well, let's just say that he's not going to be anchoring the offensive line, if ya know what I mean. ;) :p

9. JoshB

well...you know...we all, um...have our stregnths? ;)

bumpage...I played this last night for practice and used the DI for a little recording and it sounds great!!

10. JoshB

closing the thread...I'm keeping this baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.