Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot V4 & V6 Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMann2112, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone out there has a V-4 or
    V-6 Trace Elliot tube amp? I was comparing them to the 12 band SMX series (600 watt sterio... I'm now selling my AH300SMX) the 600 watt Sterio trace tone was one I tried out at Pro Am music. Much nicer than the 300watt set up I currently own. I was sold until I tried the V Type head, the tone was Trace Elliot all the way with so much more bottom end and warmth I just had to buy this amp today. So I'm totally geeked out and wanna jam out. I'm playing this head through all Trace speakers a 4-10 w/t tweeter and 1-15" 300 watt bottom and it sounds awesome. :D

CHEERS

2. With out a doubt the Trace V4, V6, and V8 are my favorite amps of all time. I hope one day to own one of them.

Even those who generally don't like Trace Elliot tend to smile as they play through one of the REAL V's (not the V-Type). As they say... It's all in the tone. :cool:

3. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I have a V Type... It sounds killer! What is the differance between the two? This one sounds miles above the RAH600SMX Sterio I just tried out.
    I know this one dosen't have the steel grid cover on it.
    Help me if you could. What dose it retail for usually?
    I bought mine for $650.00
    Was that good or, no. For how it sounds I was totally impressed

4. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    OK so I just did some research on the V Type valve state amp's. There is a V Type 300H, lower end to the stronger V Type V4, V6 and V8. Ther is a
    V Type pre amp unit (rackmount) Maybe that's what your thinking about?
    That is all I could find out. They are all V Type amp's.