1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace Elliot V4 & V6 Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMann2112, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone out there has a V-4 or
    V-6 Trace Elliot tube amp? I was comparing them to the 12 band SMX series (600 watt sterio... I'm now selling my AH300SMX) the 600 watt Sterio trace tone was one I tried out at Pro Am music. Much nicer than the 300watt set up I currently own. I was sold until I tried the V Type head, the tone was Trace Elliot all the way with so much more bottom end and warmth I just had to buy this amp today. So I'm totally geeked out and wanna jam out. I'm playing this head through all Trace speakers a 4-10 w/t tweeter and 1-15" 300 watt bottom and it sounds awesome. :D

CHEERS

2. With out a doubt the Trace V4, V6, and V8 are my favorite amps of all time. I hope one day to own one of them.

Even those who generally don't like Trace Elliot tend to smile as they play through one of the REAL V's (not the V-Type). As they say... It's all in the tone. :cool:

3. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I have a V Type... It sounds killer! What is the differance between the two? This one sounds miles above the RAH600SMX Sterio I just tried out.
    I know this one dosen't have the steel grid cover on it.
    Help me if you could. What dose it retail for usually?
    I bought mine for $650.00
    Was that good or, no. For how it sounds I was totally impressed

4. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    OK so I just did some research on the V Type valve state amp's. There is a V Type 300H, lower end to the stronger V Type V4, V6 and V8. Ther is a
    V Type pre amp unit (rackmount) Maybe that's what your thinking about?
    That is all I could find out. They are all V Type amp's.